I have a serious love for pizza, recently a new one for blue cheese. So, this recipe is awesome to say the least since it incorporates both.
What you need:
- Pizza dough (you can make your own but I bought it ready made)
– Mushrooms (I used shiitake)
– Olive oil
– Blue cheese
– Italian seasoning
– Red onion
1) Preheat your oven to 400C.
2) Put flour on top of the counter and roll out your dough. Grease either a pizza pan or baking sheet and put the dough on the pan evenly so the dough touches the corners.
3) Chop up the onions and garlic. Add to a heated saucepan and cook until soft. Add the kale and sliced mushrooms, let them cook slightly then put the mixture in a bowl for later.
4) Time to build! Sprinkle olive oil on the dough then start layering ingredients. I started with the kale, mushroom, red onion and garlic mixture. Then I added prosciutto followed by the mozzarella and chunks of blue cheese.
5) Top with a drizzle of olive oil and Italian seasoning if desired.
6) Cook the pizza for about 20 minutes in the oven. Or when the crust is brown and cheese is melted.